Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
About the Business. Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Counsel 1 position will provide key legal support for certain wealth lending and banking services and products.
The Role. We are seeking a junior wealth lending attorney to join the team of attorneys supporting core banking and custom lending under Wealth Client Solutions. The candidate will provide legal counsel on all aspects of the wealth lending business. The position will report to the Managing Counsel overseeing day-to-day legal affairs with respect to the Wells Fargo Wealth Client Solutions business. The role will be located in Charlotte, NC.
- Provide routine legal guidance on well-defined issues or claims against the Company, working under the direction of more senior counsel
- Conduct research on various legal matters, in support of more senior counsel
- Develop subject matter knowledge and risk assessment skill
- Build relationships with internal and external clients
- Monitor legal and regulatory changes, escalating issues to more senior team members as needed
- Collaborate within the legal department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo
- May participate in initiatives as needed
A Juris Doctorate (JD) degree
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Ability to research law and regulations and develop advice with respect to complex legal issues using public as well as company websites and databases
Other Desired Qualifications
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork
- Ethical integrity and proven ability to serve as a role model by reinforcing and demonstrating to your team members the core values and behavioral expectations contained in Wells Fargo’s Who We Are Expectation
Active State Bar Membership must be obtained within 1 year of hire date
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.