With the help of Incognito mode, Google Maps does not save your navigation or search history.
Now you have more options to control your privacy on Google Maps with the help of Incognito mode. When you don’t want your activity to be saved on your Google account so it’s possible with Incognito mode.
Some features are here that are not available incognito mode:
- For You
- Location History
- Tip: Location History will be paused for your entire device, not just Maps.
- Location Sharing
- Notifications and messages
- Search history
- Search completion suggestions
- Google Maps Contributions
- Google Assistant microphone in Navigation
- Offline Maps
- Your Places
- Media integration
Here’s the step to On Incognito mode on Google Maps:
Incognito works on both device iPhone & Android.
- Open Google Map
- Tap your profile picture in the right top corner
- Tap and turn on Incognito mode
Here’s the step to Off Incognito mode on Google Maps:
- Open Google Map on which device you have
- In the right corner tap your profile picture
- Tap And turn Off Incognito mode
Note: When you use the Incognito mode on Google Map the Google Assistant microphone is not available in navigation, yet Ok Google will work as expected, because Google Assistant is a system feature that is not part of Incognito mode for Maps, So any information that you share with it will be saved as usual