Does coffee brighten up your morning?
Try adding marijuana to it. It’s the productive way to wake and bake.
Coffee is commonly the first call of duty for many of us when we get up in the morning. It’s the kick start into the day, delivering a burst of energy. Coffee is the beverage of choice to whip you up, but the bean doesn’t do so much to get your creative juices flowing. That’s where leaf enhanced coffee comes in – it adds a stoney spin without actually making you tired. It’s the productive way to wake and bake.
Recipe for cannabis coffee
- Roughly ½ gram of weed (start with this amount and adjust as you like)
- 3 Cups of water
- Coconut oil or butter
- Optional additions to spice up the flavor (such as nutmeg, milk or cinnamon)
- First, grind up the cannabis as finely as you possibly can. This is to increase the surface area which makes sure the most cannabinoids are exposed.
- Put 3 cups of water into a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil (vegan and healthier!) into the water. Note: This step is essential for proper infusion. Cannabinoids are not water soluble, and require fats, like those found in butter and coconut oil, to transfer into the liquid state.
- Add the weed into the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 40 minutes. This will ensure all of the THC, CBD and other cannabinoids are fully extracted into the liquid. Make sure you stir the mixture frequently to ensure that you weed is not getting stuck to the side of the pan. Note: If you want to reduce the time, use pre-infused cannabis oil! Read here How To Make Cannabis Coconut Oil.
- Strain the mixture into another container to remove the plant matter.
- Use the now boiled cannabis-oil-water mixture to create your coffee – be it strainer or instant, the end result will still be the same.
- Once the coffee is made, use a kitchen immersion blender to help the oil mix thoroughly with the coffee, this will improve the flavor quite a bit.
- Add milk and sprinkle with nutmeg.
As with all cannabis foods, you should feel the effects after 40-60 minutes and they are stronger than if you had smoked it, so increase the dose incrementally.
Continue Reading on Zamnesia
Click on a tag or post below to read more on this topic
And not forget to sign up for our Newsletter