We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Corporate Counsel will be integrated into a fast-paced, dynamic environment, supporting the company’s Legal Department and helping to ensure that organization-wide business strategies, policies, and programs are developed and applied in full recognition of all legal implications and risks, including the formulation of internal policies to ensure compliance with applicable law. This role will manage contract negotiations and execution, and assure protection of the company’s intellectual property, business, and legal interests within appropriate legal constraints and work on cutting edge issues. The Corporate Counsel will also assist in legal areas ranging from general corporate matters, corporate governance, employment, corporate compliance, litigation, and training.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including marketing and business development agreements, consulting agreements, and other licensing agreements, as well as helping to manage day-to-day legal needs.
- You will also advise the company on the various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations.
- Diligent and proactive, you have strong legal skills and have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently.
- Provide strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners.
- Develop, gain approval for, promulgate, and enforce appropriate company policies and processes to ensure compliance with laws and regulations applicable to its business.
- Management and protection of legal and intellectual property interests.
- Advise management, Human Resources, and other personnel regarding employment law issues, including performance management and discipline, discrimination, harassment, and other employment-related complaints, employment policies, leaves of absence and accommodation requests, and employment-related aspects of corporate transactions.
- Represents the organization by responding to attorney correspondence; resolving legal issues; preparing and presenting documentation and arguments in legal proceedings.
- Experience with legal research and drafting litigation pleadings, discovery and legal memoranda.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- JD from an accredited law school
- 4-6 years of professional work as a lawyer.
- Preferably experience in drafting and negotiating agreements and understanding of intellectual property (copyright, trade secret, trademark, and patent) issues in the context of commercial transactions.
- Experience creating and supporting legal processes and internal controls
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a cross-department, cross-functional role preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
Powered by JazzHR